PhD Program in Electrical Engineering
The doctorate program in electrical engineering has emphasis areas in Power Engineering, Signals and Systems, RF Systems and Microwave Remote Sensing, and Electronics. The program requires a minimum of 49 credits beyond the BS, distributed as follows:
- 24 credits in core courses and technical electives in the area of specialization, including 6 credits at 8000 level.
- 6 credits in electives outside the area of specialization.
- 6 credits in advanced math courses (at least 3 credits should be 6000 level or above).
- 1 credit of doctoral seminar (INEL 8998).
- 12 credits of graduate thesis (INEL 8999).
In addition, the students must pass a qualifying exam, a comprehensive exam, and their dissertation defense.
Areas of Emphasis
PhD Qualifying Exam
PhD Qualifier Exam Description (in Spanish)